Brightwells Yard is expected to bring a new lease of life to Farnham Town Centre.
The finished development will make the area a hub for leisure and evening entertainment, with a new six-screen Reel cinema and a variety of restaurants. This will complement the extension of Farnham’s retail offer with a new 25-unit retail centre anchored by Marks and Spencer Simply Food.
The development has a phased opening from Spring 2021 and will be fully complete by Autumn 2022. When it opens, Brightwells Yard will also provide 239 new homes, bringing much-needed housing to the town.
Car parks affected by the scheme
Work has started on the scheme and Dogflud Car Park and the car park in front of the Marlborough Head have closed. Signage directs to the Riverside 3 Car Park, however there are a number of other car parks in Farnham.
Please remember Farnham Leisure Centre car park is for Leisure Centre users only.
To compensate for the loss of disabled parking, two additional disabled parking spaces will be added to the Leisure Centre Car Park and five to South Street Car Park. The charging structure in Riverside 2 and 3 has been temporarily amended to balance the demand for both short and long stay parking for shoppers, workers and visitors.
You can view all the current planning applications relating to Brightwells:
- WA/2018/0544 - dual bridge application
- SO/2018/0003 - request for screening opinion for bridge application
- WA/2018/0308 - bat pole application
- NMA/2018/0039 - non material amendment to amend condition 35 relating to bat mitigation measures
- NMA/2018/0049 - non material amendment to amend condition to relating to phasing plans
- WA/2018/1678 - Application under section 73A to vary condition 5 and remove condition 11 of WA/2018/0544
Download the signed Brightwells development agreement.
Page owner: . Last updated: 18/10/2018 10:52