If your application is refused, we advise you speak to your planning case officer, as you may be able to change your proposal.

If this is not successful, you can appeal to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government if we:

  • have refused planning permission
  • have granted an application with conditions that you think are inappropriate
  • did not decide an application within the appropriate time
  • have served an enforcement notice because of an alleged breach of planning.

How to appeal

You can appeal online through the Planning Portal online appeal service.

A planning inspector, appointed by the Secretary of State, will review the application and findings then make a decision.

You will need to return your appeal form within:

  • 12 weeks for householder applications
  • 12 weeks for shop fronts
  • six months for any other type of application.

Search for appeals

You can look at documents for appeals that have been decided in the last five years through the Planning Portal online appeal search.

Page owner: Ben Hammond. Last updated: 13/07/2015 17:21