Animal Boarding Licence
Applying for an Animal Boarding Licence
Do I need a licence?
If you provide accommodation for other people's animals as a business, you will need to apply to Waverley for an Animal Boarding Licence issued under the Animal Boarding Establishments Act 1963.
All premises must satisfy basic standards for the health, welfare and safety of the animals boarded.
We will arrange a veterinary surgeon's inspection to ensure accommodation is suitable. The licence will be issued subject to compliance with licence conditions and payment of the licence fee.
Can anyone apply?
Anyone can apply unless disqualified:
- from keeping a boarding establishment under Animal Boarding Act 1963
- from keeping a pet shop under the Pet Animals Act 1951
- from having the custody of animals under the Protection of Animals (Amendment) Act 1954
- under section 34(2), (3) or (4) of Animal Welfare Act 2006
How to apply
You can apply in two ways:
- by downloading an animal boarding licence application form and returning it to us
- online through the EUGO portal. Please note you will need to register on the Government Gateway to do this.
A completed application must be submitted with a fee of a) Non-home Boarding £240 b)Home boarding £169. If a veterinary inspection is necessary you will also be expected to pay the associated veterinary fees.
The Animal Boarding Register contains details of those premises licensed with Waverley Borough Council.
Application forms should be sent to:
Waverley Borough Council
If you have any queries, please contact the Licensing team.
Page owner: Debourah Holland. Last updated: 02/04/2013 10:34