Changing address

If you want your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support to continue at your new address, please let us know as soon as possible.

If you don't tell us you've moved, we may carry on paying benefit to the landlord at your previous address and you may find it hard to get this money from them to pay your new landlord. 

If you are moving within the Waverley area

Please phone the Benefits team on 01483 523596 to arrange an appointment to come in and have your claim reassessed.   You can also fill in the Benefits - Change of circumstances form if you are moving within the Waverley area.

If you are moving out of the Waverley area

You will need to make a claim to the council in the area you are moving to.

If you are a private tenant

If you are a private tenant, we will need proof of your new rent. 

Telling Jobcentre Plus you have moved

If you get Income Support, Jobseeker's Allowance, or any other social security benefit you need to tell Jobcentre Plus straightaway too.

Contact Jobcentre Plus.

Telling The Pension Service you have moved

If you get Retirement Pension or Pension Credit, tell the Pension Service straightaway. We always check if you are getting these benefits at your new address. If they don't know you've moved, this will hold up your claim.

Contact The Pension Service.

Page owner: . Last updated: 31/01/2018 11:11