Increasing opportunities for young people as part of our cultural strategy
Waverley's plans to increase opportunities for young people
Increasing opportunities for young people is a key theme in our Cultural strategy for 2009 - 2013.
What are our aims?
1. Five year action plan
Working with key partners, come up with a five year action plan by November 2009.
2. Youth grant
Ensure we use 100% of our Youth Grant by March 2012 to support the development of activities for young people in Waverley, including the Top Youth Council.
3. Improve play areas
- Provide a Multi-use games area on Holloway Hill recreation ground in Godalming, by June 2009.
- In partnership with Cranleigh Parish Council, install an over 9s play area at Snoxall Fields in Cranleigh.
- Organise regular Playdays for children in villages throughout Waverley.
4. Organise theatre and live music events
- Get 15 schools to take part in the Young Promoters and Free Theatre Initiative by March 2010.
- Organise a live music event called 'Live and Direct' in Godalming by December 2009.
- Put on an annual celebration of youth theather event in May each year.
5. Plan how to improve play areas in the longer term
We will plan how to constantly improve play areas to ensure that they all comply with EU standards and that planned work is completed on time and within budget.
- Download a detailed action plan for Increasing opportunities for young people.
- Download a pdf of the whole Waverley Borough Cultural Strategy 2009 - 2013.
- Visit our pages for young people: www.waverley.gov.uk/youngpeople
- Contact Katie Webb on tel: 01483 5233420 or email: email@example.com
Page owner: Vanessa de Chazal. Last updated: 07/01/2011 12:52