There are recycling banks in Waverley where you can take:
- paper - including newspapers, magazines, junk mail, cards, envelopes, catalogues and phone directories, shredded paper
- food, soup and drink cartons
- mixed plastics including lids
- foil and foil containers
- glass jars and bottles of any colour
- textiles (in "clothes and shoes collector" banks only please)
- books (at some sites only)
- small electrical items (at some sites only). Please restrict the size of these to no more than 620mm x 200mm (approx 25" x 8") and use the electrical bank only.
The recycling banks are at:
Sainsbury's, Water Lane (managed by Sainsbury's)
Sainsbury's, Woolsack Way (managed by Sainsbury's)
Haslemere and Hindhead
Surrey County Council Local Community Recycling Centres
Follow the links to the Surrey County Council website for information about each of the Community Recycling Centres (council 'dumps' or 'tips') in Waverley as well as information on the changes they have made :
- Cranleigh: Cranleigh Community Recycling Centre
- Farnham: Bourne Mill Community Recycling Centre
- Witley/Milford: Witley Community Recycling Centre
Vans and trailers
You will need to apply for a Van and Trailer Permit to visit a Community Recycling Centre in a van or with a trailer.
The Haslemere dustcart service offered by Surrey County Council in Weyhill car park, stopped on 26 September 2015. Please contact Waste Operations at Surrey County Council on 03456009009 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Not sure where you can recycle something?
Use our recycling search tool and find out which bin it goes in.
Page owner: Carolyn Jarvis-Grogan. Last updated: 16/02/2017 09:00