Composting your waste
You can get rid of your garden waste in loads of ways, but not in your blue or black wheeled bins, which are for recycling and rubbish only. You can:
- Subscribe to Waverley's garden waste collection service
- Compost it! Home composting is the most environmentally friendly way to deal with your biodegradable waste. Surrey County Council offers a variety of composters at a reduced rate. See the Surrey Waste website
- Take it to your local tip to be composted and sold to the horticulture industry
- Take it to the Saturday morning collection points at the Wharf Car Park, Godalming, and the Wey Hill Car Park in Haslemere. The lorries are here from 8am and leave when they are full, which is no later than 12 midday
Too much food waste?
Food waste can also be composted in a specialised food digester. We offer Green Cones and Green Johannas at subsidised prices. Both of these take all your cooked and uncooked food waste. The Green Johanna also takes garden waste. Visit the Great Green Systems website.
How do I buy a composter or food digester?
We sell Green Cones and Green Johannas through Great Green Systems, for more information visit the Great Green Systems website or call them on 0800 731 2572.
How much will they cost?
- Green Cones normally retail at £69.55, but are available for only £20.
- Green Johannas normally retail at £98.99, but are available for only £30.
Page owner: Carolyn Jarvis-Grogan. Last updated: 04/04/2013 11:31