We collect mixed recycling from your blue wheelie bin every two weeks.
We collect food waste from your green caddy once a week.
Your blue recycling wheelie bin
In your blue bin, you can recycle:
- paper (white and coloured)
- shredded paper (inside a box or envelope)
- glass bottles and jars
- plastic food trays
- plastic bottles
- margarine tubs and yoghurt pots. (you do not need to check for symbols or numbers on these)
- plastic lids, tops and caps
- cans and tins
- food and drink cartons
What can't you put in your blue bin?
Please don't put these in your blue bin:
- cling film
- expanded polystyrene
- plastic bags (most supermarkets are able to collect these now)
- other plastic films
- plant pots
Your green food waste caddy
We collect food waste from the green caddy once a week. Check your bin collection day online.
What can you put in your food waste caddy?
You can recycle all food waste, including:
- raw and cooked meat and fish
- raw and cooked fruit and vegetables
- dairy products
- bread, rice, noodles and pasta
- tea bags and coffee grounds
- pet food.
What can't you put in your food waste caddy?
- drinks such as tea and juice
- oil or liquid fat
- food packaging
- plastic bags
- coffee filter paper.
For more information please see our food waste collections page.
Page owner: Carolyn Jarvis-Grogan. Last updated: 29/07/2015 14:04