We collect mixed recyclable items from your blue recycling bin every two weeks.
We collect food waste from your green caddy once a week.
Your recycling wheelie bin
What can you put in your recycling bin?
- paper (white and coloured)
- shredded paper (inside a box or envelope)
- glass bottles and jars
- plastic food trays (with plastic film cover removed)
- plastic bottles
- margarine tubs and yoghurt pots (you do not need to check for symbols or numbers on these)
- plastic lids, tops and caps
- cans and tins
- food and drink cartons
What can't you put in your recycling bin?
- green waste
- food waste
- plastic bags (most supermarkets are able to collect these now)
- electrical items
- plant pots
- cling film and other plastic film
- light bulbs
Your green food waste caddy
We collect food waste from the green caddy once a week. Check your bin collection day online.
What can you put in your food waste caddy?
- raw and cooked meat and fish
- raw and cooked fruit and vegetables
- dairy products
- bread, rice, noodles and pasta
- tea bags and coffee grounds
- pet food.
What can't you put in your food waste caddy?
- drinks such as tea and juice
- oil or liquid fat
- food packaging
- plastic bags
- coffee filter paper.
For more information please see our food waste collections page.
Page owner: Carolyn Jarvis-Grogan. Last updated: 26/08/2015 12:55