Want to reduce your energy use? Help is available.
Action Surrey offers free impartial energy saving advice across Surrey in partnership with Waverley Borough Council and local councils across Surrey.
Advice includes what energy efficiency improvements can be made to your property, how they work and what the benefits would be. Action Surrey also manages a network of local trusted installers who can fit a variety of measures.
How can they help: Action Surrey have a range of energy efficiency case studies to illustrate the improvements that can be made to homes, such as:
- Loft and cavity wall insulation
- Solid wall insulation
- Boiler repairs and replacements
- Renewable energy options
- Green Deal assessments
Action Surrey can help assess your eligibility, and help you apply for grants or other finance options to help with the cost of fitting energy saving improvements in your home.
Grants currently available include:
- ECO Funding - From 1 April 2014 the installation of loft insulation and cavity wall insulation can be up to 100% funded* under the Energy Companies Obligation Scheme (ECO). This offer is applicable to all home owners and private tenants.
*If the amount of funding available does not cover the total cost of the installation then a customer contribution will be required.
- Boiler replacements or repairs - Low income households may qualify for a Safe and Warm grant from Waverley. Contact Action Surrey for further information.
- Green Deal Finance - A Government-backed scheme to help you make cost-effective energy saving improvements. Instead of paying for the full cost of the improvements up front, you pay over time through a charge added to your electricity bill.
2. Energy Company Obligation (ECO): Help to Heat April 2017 - Sept 2018
Local authorities in Surrey are currently working with Action Surrey (or Heat Surrey for residents in Runnymede) to identify qualifying households to access energy efficiency funding under the Government ECO: Help to Heat scheme which is open to those residents who own their own home or rent from a private landlord. The scheme is aimed at those who are experiencing difficulties in keeping warm due to low income and high fuel costs or are particularly vulnerable to living in a cold home as result of, for example, suffering from long term illness which is exacerbated by the cold. Please contact Action Surrey who will help in assessing a household for eligibility against the criteria, agreed by local authorities and will refer eligible households to an appropriate energy company. If you live in Runnymede and would like to find out if you are eligible, please contact Heat Surrey
For more information about energy efficiency, available grants or how Action Surrey can help you contact Action Surrey by phone on: 0800 783 2503 or visit their website at: http://www.actionsurrey.org/
The Carbon Trust provides a variety of services to help businesses, government and the public sector to implement energy saving strategies and low carbon technologies.
The services the Carbon Trust provide include:
- Low carbon and sustainable options available to business.
- Measure and certify the environmental footprint of organisations, supply chains and products.
- Deploy low carbon technologies and solutions, from energy efficiency to renewable power.
- Provide financing options through Energy Efficiency Financing.
For more information and a full list of services visit their website at: http://www.carbontrust.com/home
For a range of tips and advice on reducing your energy use visit The Energy Saving Trust
Page owner: Laura Moyano . Last updated: 08/06/2017 22:59