In 2016-2017 film activity brought in approximately £1.9 million to the local economy. Recent movies filmed in Waverley include:
- The Mummy (2017)
- Transformers: The Last Knight (2017)
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (2016)
- Snow White and the Huntsman (2012)
- 47 Ronan (2013)
- Gladiator (2000)
- Harry Potter - three films
- Macbeth (2015)
- Mini series - Howard's End (2017)
A film, TV or photographic company? Interested in filming in Waverley?
We have the perfect locations for you...
The borough of Waverley is situated three miles away from Guildford, just one hour from central London, 25 miles from Shepperton Studios and covers the beautiful countryside from Farnham in the west to Cranleigh in the east.
We have four major towns (Godalming, Haslemere, Cranleigh and Farnham) with many beautiful villages and picturesque countryside in between. We have a range of locations including historic buildings, office space, countryside, historic and modern parks, car parks and lakes.
We manage the sites that belong to Waverley Borough Council such as Farnham Park and Frensham Great Pond. We will assess each request on an individual basis.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01483 523394 with your requirements. If the land you want to film on is not owned by Waverley, we will signpost you in the right direction.
Other local land owners include:
- Bourne Wood, Filming Liaison Officer, Pam Eastwood, on 07778 110349
- Frensham Little Pond, National Trust, contact Camilla Churchill, email: email@example.com
- Waverley Abbey ruins, English Heritage, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dunsfold Park, contact David McAllister on 01483 200900 or email email@example.com
Movie map of Surrey
See the Movie map of Surrey
Filming best practice
We work with the Surrey Film office, please see their A-Z of good film practice. We also work in partnership with Creative England.
Student film makers
Filming on roads and pavements
You need a license to film on public highways, managed by Surrey County Council. For more details on how to apply, please visit the Filming on the public highway
Looking to use a drone?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your insurance and your risk assessment for approval.
Looking for local crew, facilities and accommodation please see the Creative England database.
For local accommodation, see Visit Surrey.
Page owner: Catherine Knight. Last updated: 23/03/2018 15:25