Health and Safety
Risk assessment examples of small and medium sized businesses
Example risk assessments
These examples show how other small and medium-sized businesses have approached risk assessment. If you can't find an example for your industry, pick the one closest to it and adapt it for your own workplace. Use it as a guide to think about:
- some of the hazards in your business
- the steps you need to take to control the risks.
Don't just copy it and put your company name to it. This would not satisfy the law - and would not protect people. Every business is different - you need to think about the hazards and controls your business needs.
Office risk assessments
If you work in a low risk office-based environment you can complete your risk assessment quickly and easily by using HSE's web-based tool. You can select the risks and actions that are relevant for your workplace and then save and print your completed risk assessment.
Page owner: Debourah Holland. Last updated: 14/12/2010 14:41
Further pages in Health and Safety
- Health and safety inspections in the workplace
- More information on health and safety topics?
- I run a business, what do I need to do to comply with health and safety law?
- What can I expect when an officer inspects my premises?
- What is a risk assessment?
- Risk assessment examples of small and medium sized businesses
- How do I report an accident?
- How do I make a complaint about health and safety in a workplace?
- Information on health and safety training
- Information about the "smokefree" legislation
- Registration of Skin Piercing