Free Access to County Sportspeople
What is the Free Access to County Sportspeople (FACS) card?
The Waverley FACS card offers sports people free access to Waverley's leisure centres.
Am I eligible for a FACS card?
If you live in Waverley and play at county level or above in a Sport England registered sport then you are eligible for a FACS card.
Where can I use my FACS card?
The card can be used at the following leisure centres:
Cranleigh Leisure Centre
The Edge Leisure Centre
Farnham Leisure Centre
Haslemere Leisure Centre
Godalming Leisure Centre
To obtain free access you must show your FACS card each time you visit a leisure centre.
How do I apply for a card?
To apply for a FACS card you will need to complete a FACS application form. If you would like a printed application form please either visit one of the above leisure centres or call the Leisure team on 01483 523394.
When completing your application form you will need to include two passport photographs and proof of eligibility from your National Governing Body of Sport. Once this evidence has been received and verified a card and introductory letter will be issued.
Terms and Conditions
1. All FACS card users;
- Must be of a County standard or above in their sport and provide a supporting letter (or similar proof) from an official from their National Governing Body.
- Must be a resident of Waverley.
- Must show a valid FACS card on every visit to the facility.
- Will be restricted to the use of core activities.
- Cannot book free facilities in advance. (With the exception of Teenfit sessions which must be booked in advance.)
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age to train alone in the gym. 12-15 year olds are entitled to book Teenfit sessions in advance, free of charge, on their FACS card. All FACS users must book and pay for an induction.
2. Waverley Borough Council reserves the right to terminate membership should any breach of the FACS scheme conditions occur, or should the facility manager give reasonable grounds.
3. Waverley Borough Council reserves the right to alter the conditions of use at any time.
4. All cards remain the property of the Council.
5. If you apply for a card to which you are not entitled it could subject you to legal action.
6. Continued qualification for the scheme will be reviewed on an annual basis. If your circumstances change and you are no longer eligible for the card, you must inform Waverley Borough Council and stop using it immediately. If you go on using the card when you know you are not entitled to do so, you could be subject to legal action.
7. If your card is lost or stolen we will charge £5 to provide you with a replacement and you will need to provide another photograph.
Waverley Borough Council
Tel: 01483 523394
Elite is Active Surrey's talented athlete support scheme that proudly helps young athletes prepare for future Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The scheme is for national level athletes and will give the very best support athletes need to reach their full potential and develop to world class level.
For information about the scheme and how to apply please visit Active Surrey's website.
Page owner: Terry Ford. Last updated: 07/02/2017 12:09