Under 8s and over 80s can swim for free at any of our leisure centres. The scheme has been extended and, in partnership with Places Leisure, we will continue to offer free swimming.
How do I register for free swimming?
If you have children up to the age of eight, they can swim for free at any of Waverley’s leisure centres provided they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
If you are over 80, please bring suitable ID to prove your age ( for example a birth certificate, passport, driving licence or pension book).
For children and over 80’s there is a £5 registration fee for a membership card to show each time you come for a swim.
When is free swimming available?
Free sessions include:
- All public/general swimming sessions
- Lane swimming sessions (may be subject to age restrictions ie Adult only)
- Family and Fun sessions - Note: some sessions may remain as a paying session if equipment is used eg an inflatable
- Ladies only sessions (may be subject to age restrictions)
You will need to pay for:
- Aqua Classes
- Swimming Lessons
- Swimming Club Sessions
Please note - Under 8s must swim with an adult
- Children under eight years old MUST be supervised by a parent or adult (18 years or over) throughout their use of the pool facilities.
- Maximum ratio of two children to one adult. Those supervising must accompany the children in the water.
FAQs for existing leisure centre members
I swim already as part of my Swimming Membership, but I qualify for free swimming - what do I do now?
If you qualify for free swimming and pay in advance for your membership you will receive a refund for the period remaining on your membership. If you pay monthly by Direct Debit you will need to stop this payment - please refer to your membership terms and conditions.
I swim as part of my All-Inclusive Health and Fitness membership but I qualify for free swimming - what do I do now?
The payment for the All-Inclusive Health and Fitness Membership is primarily for the use of the Gym with the added benefit of free swimming. This will continue unchanged and you will still be able to swim for free as part of your membership benefits.
Page owner: Tom Crowe. Last updated: 16/08/2018 09:51