In an emergency, do not send an email, this may not be read until the following morning. Find a telephone number to call - many of which are listed below.

Council emergency number -  during office hours

Please call 01483 523333. Our office hours are weekdays between 8:45am and 5:15pm (4.45pm on Fridays).

Emergency repairs for tenants

If you are a Waverley housing tenant, call 0330 119 3000 during office hours.  

Out of hours emergencies

Please call 01483 523200.

Please dial 999 if there is immediate risk to life.

Emergency repairs for tenants

If you are a Waverley housing tenant and need an emergency repair outside office hours, please call the emergency repairs number 0330 119 3000. Please do not use this number to report ordinary repairs. Emergency repairs include:

  • burst pipes
  • severe leaks in roofs
  • blocked drains and toilets (where you only have one toilet in your home)
  • complete loss of power or lighting
  • complete loss of heating between 31 October and 1 May
  • other problems that seriously threaten your home or your health

Emergency numbers


If you think there is a blockage or if your property has been flooded by a public sewer contact Thames Water on 0845 9200 800.


To report a potential hazard on or near overhead electricity lines call 105.

Visit Power Cut 105 website for further information


Up to date information on flooding in your area is available from the Environment Agency or call Floodline on 0345 988 1188 or 0845 988 1188.

This document from Public Health England contains advice on planning for flooding before it happens, what to do during a flood and recovering and cleaning up after a flood.


If you smell gas, call free on 0800 111 999. Don't create a flame or operate electrical switches. Do put out flames, open doors and windows, keep people away from the area and turn the gas off at the control valve.

To report a potential gas leak call National Grid on 0800 111 999.


The latest traffic updates are available from the Highways England. For information on roadworks and road closures check this map.


Find out more about Sandbags -  if your home is at risk of flooding.


Report trees blocking roads and pavements to Surrey County Council or 03456 009 009.

Report trees blocking motorways to the Highways England or call 08457 50 40 30

Report fallen trees on council tenant properties, council owned sheltered housing, parks and commons to Waverley Borough Council on 01483 523394.

Fallen trees not presenting immediate risk or preventing access to property will be removed in order of priority.

Water supply

For issues with water supply, please contact the supplier you pay your bills to. In Waverley this is most likely to be Thames Water on 0845 9200800.

Other useful links

Surrey Fire and Rescue - in an emergency dial 999 without delay.

Medical Emergency, NHS 111 service - call 111 when it's less urgent than 999.

Surrey Police - in an emergency dial 999, or 101 to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response.

Samaritans - provides confidential non-judgemental emotional support, 24 hours a day for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those which could lead to suicide. 

Need to find a trusted electrician or plumber? The Buy With Confidence website, run by Trading Standards, helps you to find good, honest and local businesses, and to avoid the risk of using a rogue trader.

Page owner: . Last updated: 22/01/2018 13:51