We are investing in the housing at Ockford Ridge, Godalming to enhance it for the benefit of its existing residents and future generations. We are committed to working with the community at Ockford Ridge to refurbish homes that are going to be retained, rebuild homes and create new homes for local people. This will be delivered through ongoing conversation, consultation and community engagement.
Download the April 2017 Ockford Ridge newsletter (PDF)
Plans for redevelopment
Detailed planning permission has been granted for phase one of the scheme, known as site D which covers numbers 45 - 52 Ockford Ridge. This area will have 16 new homes comprising of six 1-bed flats, four 2-bed flats, two 2-bed houses, two 3-bed houses and two 4-bed houses.
Outline planning permission has been granted for the rest of the scheme, which includes building 82 new homes, improving Ridge Walk and redeveloping the Village Green. Planning permission for future phases will be applied for as the development progresses.
The project is part of Waverley's £7 million investment in its housing stock. Waverley intends to make the majority of the new homes available for rent. The redevelopment will also see the refurbishment of more than 80 other homes at Ockford Ridge.
View the Planning Application Record online: WA/2014/0932.
- Two show homes were completed in Summer 2016 and were available for residents of Ockford Ridge to view. The show homes have now been allocated.
Site D update
- We have started the process of appointing a building contractor for Site D, the first phase of the redevelopment. An opportunity to meet the appointed contractor will be arranged in early 2017.
Site A update
- Waverley's drop in consultation event on 18 November 2016 was well attended by local residents who were able to see plans for Site A which had been prepared by the Council's architects.
- Residents will have further chance to comment on the detailed plans as part of the formal planning consultation process.
- The pilot phase of the refurbishment programme is being delivered by Brymor, our appointed refurbishment contractor.
- A further phase is being planned for March - June 2017.
- We are currently identifying properties to be included in this phase and we will be in touch with tenants of these properties shortly.
- Prior to finalising the next phase of the refurbishment, Waverley's surveyor will visit the properties proposed and set out the necessary scope for works to be carried out. A member of the Housing Development Team will meet tenants to discuss and agree works, the timing and decanting arrangements.
- All refurbishments in the next phase will require the temporary decanting of tenants for 6-12 weeks, depending on the type/size of works for the property.
Local Lettings Plan
The Local Lettings Plan sets out the principles for how the new build homes at Ockford Ridge will be allocated.
The purpose of establishing a local lettings plan is to ensure that a balanced and sustainable community at Ockford Ridge is maintained and that tenants who are affected by the redevelopment plans know how the new homes will be allocated.
Read the Local Lettings Plan for Ockford Ridge.
Answers to your questions
Contact details for more information about Ockford Ridge
Waverley will continue to seek feedback and talk to residents at every stage of the Ockford Ridge project.
Head of Housing Strategy and Delivery
Housing Development Manager
Housing Development Officer
(Delivery of the refurbishment programme and new build project)
01483 523 159
Housing Development Officer
(Delivery of new build project Site D)
Tenant Liaison Officer
(Supporting tenants who will move as a result of either the new build or refurbishment projects)
Page owner: Sophie Fuller. Last updated: 25/04/2017 11:51