If you plan to demolish a building, you usually need to notify:
- your local authority
- gas and electricity suppliers
- occupiers of adjacent buildings
at least six weeks beforehand.
You may also need to get planning permission or prior approval. Please contact our planning enquiries desk on 01483 523583 or email@example.com.
When you don't need to notify us
You do not need to notify us if you are planning to demolish:
- an internal part of a building, where the building is occupied and it is intended that it should continue to be occupied
- a building smaller than 50m3 (external volume)
- a greenhouse, conservatory, shed or prefabricated garage, where they form part of a larger building
- an agricultural building, unless it is in contact with another non-agricultural building.
Notify us of a demolition
You need to fill in and submit a Section 80 Notice if you intend to demolish a building or part of a building. You should not start the work until we have replied to the notice, or six weeks have passed.
Page owner: Ben Hammond. Last updated: 20/04/2016 16:25