Continuing Professional Development seminars for building professionals
We offer a range of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) seminars for local agents, architects, builders, engineers and contractors.
What happens at Waverley's CPD events?
We run informal and friendly seminars around lunchtimes at the council's offices in Godalming. They usually last about an hour and are designed to increase understanding of a particular subject.
They are generally preceded or followed by a light buffet lunch where delegates have the opportunity to discuss the topic further with the presenter, network with the councils' Building Control team and other like-minded professionals.
The events are very well attended and help keep local professionals up to date with the latest techniques and innovations within the building industry and changes to Building Regulations.
We issue CPD certificates after each session.
Recticel - U value calculations and Condensation risk. "Back to basics"
*** POSTPONED **** DATE TO BE CONFIRMED.
We apologise for the inconvenience however due to unforeseen circumstances we will need to rearrange our CPD event to later in the year. We will update this page once a date has been confirmed. Thank you for your patience.
(12.15 Registration, 12.30 Presentation followed by a light lunch/networking)
This CPD will cover:-
- How a U value is arrived at, the various changes over recent years and what will affect its overall result
- Various insulation materials available, their strengths and weaknesses
- Different terms used in any calculation and shows how they interact
- Risk of condensation, why it occurs, likely scenarios for its creation and points on how to design out any problems
- Importance of airtightness and ways to ensure an energy efficient building Thermal bridging and its effect
Thursday 21 September 2017
(12.00 Registration, 12.15 Presentation followed by a light lunch/networking)
This CPD will :-
- reflect on the issues causing the Performance Gap and discuss solutions on how to overcome this industry wide problem using reflective insulation systems.
- focus on what manufacturers can do and what reflective insulation products - multifoils in particular - have to offer.
- show a manufacturer's view on how closing the Performance Gap can be achieved.
To attend a CPD event
To book your place please contact Lindsay Goodman by email: email@example.com or call direct on 01483 523248.
To present a CPD event
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.
Page owner: Lindsay Goodman. Last updated: 15/08/2017 11:43