About abandoned vehicles
A vehicle is classified as abandoned if it is untaxed and the owner or keeper cannot be identified, or fails to respond to a legal notice.
We investigate all reported abandoned vehicles and can employ a contractor to remove the vehicle for disposal if no one claims responsibility for it in the given statutory length of time.
We cannot dispose of a vehicle if the owner has confirmed responsibility for it.
How to report an abandoned vehicle
If you see what appears to be an abandoned vehicle on a public road or council land, please:
Report it online
Text the Environmental Services Team on 07786 202686.
Make sure you include:
- Your surname
- Your property name or number
- Your postcode
- The make, model and colour of the vehicle
- The registration number
- The vehicle's location
Call the Environmental Services Team on 01483 523524.
When you report it to us, please give us the following details:
- Make and type and colour of vehicle
- Registration number
- How long you think it has been there
- Location - be as exact as possible e.g. "x miles from the village by the junction with B1000" or "outside number 34"
- Condition of vehicle - e.g. "all windows broken" or "on bricks"
- Whether or not it has a Current Road Fund Licence (road tax disc)
Report an untaxed vehicle
To report a vehicle that is untaxed, but not abandoned, please contact the DVLA.
Page owner: Carolyn Jarvis-Grogan. Last updated: 15/10/2013 12:41
Contact us to report an abandoned vehicle.
Address: Waverley Borough Council
Surrey GU7 1HR
Tel: 01483 523397