Waverley Borough Council

Right to Repair scheme

Right to repair - can you claim compensation?

You have a right to compensation if we do not carry out some repairs within a set time period. This government scheme is called Right to Repair.

You can claim compensation if:

  • we do not carry out repairs to protect your health and safety within a set time - the government has produced a list of these repairs
  • the work costs less than £250
  • you have not stopped our contractor from entering your home.

If you would like further information on how the scheme works then please contact us by calling 0330 119 3000 or email housing.repairs@waverley.gov.uk

Please note that calls may be recorded for training or monitoring.

Page owner: Caroline Ottery. Last updated: 08/04/2015 11:45

Housing Repairs

Report repairs and maintenance to your council-owned home.

Address: Housing Repairs Customer Services
Waverley Borough Council
The Burys

Tel: 0330 119 3000

Email: housing.repairs@waverley.gov.uk

phone help