Waverley Borough Council
Delays to bin collections

Due to the hot weather on Tuesday some of our bin lorries broke down. If your bins weren’t emptied please leave them out - they will be emptied as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience

Recharging for council housing repairs

Why you might be recharged for a repair

We will recharge you for repair work that we carry out due to damage or negligence.

For example, if you or someone you know:

  • breaks a window
  • gets locked out,

then you will need to pay for the full cost of the repair.

We will tell you if the repair will be recharged when you report it. We will invoice you for payment. You can make an arrangement to pay the invoice by instalments.

Moving home

When you move from your home to another property please leave your home in a good, clean condition.

If you leave more than a wheelie bin full of rubbish, you will be invoiced.

Please take any rubbish to your local tip or arrange for a special collection. This will cost you a lot less than if we have to do it for you.

Special collections

If your rubbish is too large to fit inside your wheelie bin we can offer a special collection service.

Telephone 01483-523524 during office hours for more information.

After you have left your property

When you leave we will immediately carry out an inspection. If  you leave broken internal doors, holes in plasterwork, have carried out DIY electrical work or have broken windows then an invoice will be sent to you for the full cost of any repairs.

Not sure what to do?

Please contact us on 0330 119 3000 (during normal office hours) and we will offer advice or arrange for your Area Inspector to visit you by appointment and discuss the matter with you.

Please note that calls may be recorded for training or monitoring.

Page owner: Caroline Ottery. Last updated: 29/04/2015 17:43

man wearing toolbelt and holding a hard hat