Local Plan Part 1: Examination
The Waverley Borough Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies and Sites was submitted to the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government, on 21 December 2016 for independent examination.
The scheduled Examination Hearings took place between 27 June and 6 July 2017. Following the Hearings, the Council prepared some Main Modifications to the Plan for public consultation. These were consulted on from 8 September to 20 October 2017 and the responses are available to view.
The Inspector's Report
The Planning Inspectorate issued the Waverley Borough Local Plan Part 1 Examination Inspector's Report on 1 February 2018. The report concludes that Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies and Sites (with modifications) meets all the soundness and legal compliance tests.
The Inspector's Report should be viewed alongside the Final Schedule of Main Modifications.
Hard-copy versions of the above documents will be available to view:
- at Planning Reception, Council Offices, The Burys, Godalming, GU7 1HR. Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-4pm (excluding Bank Holidays).
- at Farnham Locality Office, South Street, Farnham, GU9 7RN. Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm, Friday 9am-4.30pm (closed each day 12.30-1.30pm) (excluding Bank Holidays).
- at Godalming, Farnham, Haslemere, Cranleigh and Bramley libraries. Opening times are listed on the Surrey County Council website.
The next stage is for the Council to consider formally adopting the Waverley Borough Local Plan Part 1. A report will be taken to the Council meeting taking place on 20 February 2018. Should the Council decide to adopt the Plan, this decision will then be publicised.
- Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies and Sites (with all modifications incorporated)
- Pre-Submission Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies and Sites with Main Modifications tracked changes
(September 2017 Consultation Version)
- Schedule of Main Modifications - Superceded (September 2017 Consultation Version)
- The Inspector's further questions
- The Council's response to the Inspector's further questions
- Addendum to the Sustainability Appraisal
- Addendum to the Habitats Regulations Assessment
- Schedule of Minor Modifications - these were for information only and were not for consultation
Mrs Claire Jones-Hughes of Banks Solutions acted as an independent Programme Officer for the Examination.
Waverley Borough Council's documents
WBC-LP1-12 Draft Policy SS7A - Please note that following comments from the Inspector this policy has now been amended. See Schedule of Main Modifications or Tracked changes version (September 2017) of the Pre-Submission Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies and Sites
Representors' Hearing Statements
List of statements from representors responding to matters and issues identified by the Inspector. This also includes further communication from representors during and following the hearings. The latest of these was added 22 December 2017.
Council core documents
List of the core documents submitted to the Secretary of State in accordance with Regulation 22 of the Town and Country Planning (Local Planning) (England) Regulations 2012 and other supporting documents.
Page owner: Sophie Piper. Last updated: 16/02/2018 14:13