Current stage: Identifying the issues and options
Estimated adoption: March 2019
Local Plan Part 2 (LPP2) will form the second stage of Waverley's new Local Plan. Together with Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies and Sites (LPP1) this document will replace the current Local Plan (2002).
While Local Plan Part 1 specified the overall spatial strategy for development and growth in the borough, and allocated strategic sites, Local Plan Part 2 will provide the more detailed day-to-day planning policies and will allocate sites needed for housing or other land use needs. It will also review the boundaries of our town centres and important local landscape designations.
Issues and Options Consultation
The Issues and Options consultation represents the first key stage in the development of LPP2. This consultation has now closed, it ran for six weeks from Monday 12 June to 5pm on Monday 24 July 2017.
We will consider all of the comments received and use them to inform the next key stages of LPP2.
The document can be viewed in hard copy at the Council offices in Godalming, and at libraries and locality offices within the borough.
The preparation of the Issues and Options consultation has drawn on a wide range of evidence documents including:
- Pre-submission Local Plan Part 1: Strategic Policies and Sites with modifications shown as tracked changes
- Employment Land Review (2016)
- Green Belt Review (2014)
- Farnham Neighbourhood Plan Referendum Version (2017)
- Local Landscape Designation Review (2014)
- Land Availability Assessment (2016)
- West Surrey Strategic Housing Market Assessment (2015)
- Town Centre Retail Study Update (2013)
- Waverley Economic Strategy 2015-2020
- Rural Statement for Surrey (2016)
- Surrey Hotel Futures Study (2015)
- Surrey Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (2017)
- Waverley's Strategy for Ageing Well in Waverley 2015-2018
- Infrastructure Delivery Plan (2016)
There will be a number of opportunities to have your say during the preparation of this document. These are listed below.
|Early Engagement; Issues and Options Consultation||November 2016 - July 2017|
|Consultation on the Preferred Options||February - April 2018|
|Pre-submission consultation||April - June 2018|
|Submission to Secretary of State||November 2018|
This is in accordance with the revised Local Development Scheme (LDS) - October 2017.
How you can get involved
- Submit a site for consideration through the Call for Sites (for inclusion in LPP2 this closed on Friday 29 September 2017).
- For a map of areas, designated to prepare a neighbourhood plan please follow this link. For an update on the neighbourhood plan for your area please contact the parish clerk or visit their website.
- Get involved in the public consultations. Keep checking back to this page for an update on when those consultations will take place, or please register on the Planning Consultations portal to be informed about the consultation stages of the Local Plan.
Please contact us if you have any queries about making a submission, by telephone on 01483 523291 or via email to email@example.com
Page owner: Sophie Piper. Last updated: 17/10/2017 15:19