Upper Tuesley Proposed Development
Upper Tuesley Planning Application
- to provide 104 new (Class C3) residential units,
- to undertake works to 12 existing residential units (The Crescent),
- to undertake works to Allison House and staff cottages to provide 4 (Class C3) residential units, and
- to provide access.
The application is also accompanied by an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA). It was made valid on 13 October 2012.
Joint Planning Committee resolved to grant planning permission on 18 June 2013
On 18 June 2013, the Joint Planning Committee granted planning permission, provided that the applicant enters into an appropriate legal agreement within two months. They need to secure the provision of:
- affordable housing
- highway and transport improvements
- additional car parking
- playing pitches
- recycling and sport & leisure infrastructure contributions
- provision of public art and information/interpretation boards
- the maintenance and management of open spaces, orchard, woodland, LEAP and SANG
- Network Rail contributions for level crossing improvements;
- and community facility contributions including a financial contribution towards the provision of a bus service to the site
- public footpath improvements and diversion
The application follows the adoption of the Upper Tuesley Development Brief SPD in July 2012.
Prior approval for method of demolition required
On 28 October 2013, Waverley Borough Council determined that prior approval of the method of demolition IS REQUIRED in accordance with Part 31 of Schedule 2 of the Town and Country Planning (General Permitted Development) Order 1995. Further information can be found within the submitted application (DM/2013/0005).
Page owner: Sarah Wells. Last updated: 29/10/2013 14:01
Further pages in Upper Tuesley Proposed Development
- Upper Tuesley Planning Application
- Upper Tuesley (land around Milford Hospital) Development Brief Consultation
- About the Upper Tuesley Development Brief SPD
- Upper Tuesley development consultation
- Upper Tuesley Supplementary Planning Documents
- Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Appropriate Assessment