Sound financial management is at the heart of everything Waverley does.
Financial Services provide a wide range of accountancy and exchequer services to both internal and external customers.
The team work across a diverse range of services providing business insight and financial analysis. The service prides itself on professionalism and customer service.
Overall Waverley has responded positively to the financial challenges from central government. Waverley is in a strong position and strives to ensure its excellent service standards are maintained.
- The council’s net General Fund budget is £14.085 million, which includes £3.3 million spend on capital projects.
- The Council Tax Collection Fund is estimated at £87 million and Business Rates is £35.5million.
- The overall capital programme is £23.6 million of which £20.3 million has been provided for the Housing Revenue Account.
- To ensure robust and effective management of Waverley’s financial resources with clear and transparent reporting of the council’s accounts and transactions.
- Support the delivery of the Housing Revenue Account Business Plan through effective financial and treasury management and robust monitoring and reporting.
- Maximise the money spent on frontline services whilst delivering excellent value for money for taxpayers.
- Ensure that our financial management is open and transparent and anyone can easily see how we are performing.
- Working with colleagues corporately to deliver further improvements in customer services.
- Utilisation of new technology to support business process and data analysis.
- Continuing to build on our strengths in procurement.
- Seeking out new opportunities to increase operational efficiencies.
- Identifying ongoing invest to save opportunities.
Page owner: Vanessa de Chazal. Last updated: 16/03/2018 13:54