Waverley Borough Council

FAQs: Elections

Click a question to reveal the answer.

Elections FAQs

Q: I am moving house, how can I register for my new address?

Q: I do not want my name revealed on the Register for safety / security reasons, what can you do about it?

Q: How do I find out if I am registered at my current address?

Q: What is the difference between the edited register and the full register?

Q: I am not sure if I have a postal / proxy vote. Can you check for me?

Q: I pay my council Tax. Why am I not on the Electoral Register?

Q: Do I have to pay Council Tax to register to vote?

Q: I would like to know more about standing for and becoming a parish councillor and what it involves. Where can I get this information?

Q: Can I apply for a postal vote?

Q: My ex-partner is running up debts against my property, how can I get him / her removed from the Register?

Q: Can I check the Register of Electors to find a person?


Yes, but as the electoral registers are address based it could take some time if looking for a name only. The Edited paper copy is available for inspection at any of our offices. The Full version is available to view by appointment only at the main offices.



Answer Updated by , 12/08/2010 10:47

Q: I would like to arrange a proxy vote. What do I have to do?

Q: Do students sharing a rented house have to complete the voter registration form?

Q: I work away from home, do I keep my name on the electoral register at my home address or register at my rented property?

Q: When are the next Waverley Borough and Parish Elections?

Q: How many parish or town seats are up for election?

Q: How long are polling stations open for?

Q: How will I know where my polling station is?

Q: I am going to be out of the country for the elections next year - is there any way I can still arrange to use my vote?

Q: I am emigrating in a month's time and I won't be coming back to the UK, what do I do?

Do you have a Question?

If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then click the button below.