Waverley Borough Council
Delays to bin collections

Due to the hot weather on Tuesday some of our bin lorries broke down. If your bins weren’t emptied please leave them out - they will be emptied as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience

FAQs: Building regulations

Click a question to reveal the answer.

Building regulations FAQs

Q: Are building works for disabled people exempt from Building Regulation charges?

Q: What is FENSA?

Q: What is the Party Wall Act?

Q: What are the competent persons self-certification schemes?

Q: I am carrying out work on a listed building. Do I need to pay vat on Building Control charges?

Q: I want to extend my house but have a sewer in my garden. Can I build over it?

Q: Are building inspections free?


No. Whether you decide to use a Building Notice or make a Full Plans Application you will be paying for inspections. Read about making applications

With a Full Plans Application you do not need to pay for the inspections until you start work. We will raise an invoice following our first inspection, which will cover all the inspections. With the Building Notice you pay for inspections in advance.

You do not pay every time we inspect. So for example you will pay the same inspection charge whether you have six or nine inspections. See our charges.

Answer Updated by , 26/06/2009 11:37

Q: At what stages of the works must I notify Building Control?

Do you have a Question?

If there is anything you would like to ask us, about our services, our work or how we can help you, then click the button below.