Events for 21 Oct 2018 - Saturday, 27 October 2018
Showing 1 to 5 of 21 events.
- Tuesday, 30 January 2018 - Saturday, 22 December 2018 at 10:00 - 17:00
- Location: The Museum of Farnham, 38 West St, Farnham GU9 7DX
- Cost: Free entry
Exhibition: Behind Closed Doors: 300 years of Willmer House
A hop grower’s residence, a school for young ladies, a dentist’s surgery; Since Willmer House was built in 1718 it has been many different things to different people. In this special exhibition celebrating 300 years of Willmer House, visitors will be able to learn more about the history of the building through material specially selected by pupils from Potters Gate School.
- Friday, 12 October 2018 - Sunday, 4 November 2018 at 11:00 - 16:00
- Location: Ramster Hall
- Cost: Adults: £7.50 | Group rate: (15+ people) £6.50 | Children, when accompanied by parents: (under 16) FREE | Registered disabled: £4
See the unique 100-year-old avenue of maple trees burst into life with coppery orange and vibrant reds. Explore the 20-acre woodland garden to discover other seasonal delights.
Find out more
- Monday, 22 October 2018 at 10:00 - 16:00
- Location: New Ashgate Gallery, Farnham, Surrey
- Cost: £20 per teen
The workshop is an introduction to the fundamentals of animation through the cut-out replacement animation technique.
Participants can expect to explore the medium using a contemporary take on a traditional animated toy and will have the opportunity to leave with their own animated GIF.
Pre-booking required | 11+ (max 10 participants) £20 per teen. Please bring a packed lunch.
Find out more
Visit the New Ashgate Gallery website
- Monday, 22 October 2018 - Friday, 26 October 2018 at 10:00 - 18:00
- Location: Birdworld, Holt Pound, Farnham, Surrey, GU10 4LD
- Cost: Usual admission prices apply. Please visit www.birdworld.co.uk for more details.
Feel your hair stand on end and a shiver down your spine as you walk through the creepy corridors of Birdworld’s unique Halloween Grotto.
Make specially-themed arts and crafts, take part in face painting, follow a spooky activity trail and take a ride on the park’s Halloween Train Ride!
Find out more
Visit the Birdworld website
- Wednesday, 24 October 2018 at 10:30 - 12:30
- Location: Farnham Park
- Cost: Free
Explore the park, find the markers, complete the challenge and have fun together.
Xplorer is a free, family-friendly navigation challenge that is educational and fun, and gives children a sense of adventure as they explore the park to find the markers to identify what is pictured and enjoy learning a fun fact to tell their friends.
It involves a healthy mix of physical activity and decision making that the whole family can enjoy together. Xplorer is the perfect outdoor activity for primary and pre-school children and their families.
This time, it's Halloween themed - so make sure you wear your best Halloween costumes!
For more updates about Xplorer, visit our What's on Waverley Facebook page.
Starting point: Next to the adventure playground.