- Date: Saturday, 14 October 2017
- Location: Cranleigh Arts Centre 1 High Street, Cranleigh, GU6 8AS
- Time: 10:30 - 14:30
- Cost: Free
The Surrey Heritage Showcase is back! This year’s event will focus on Cranleigh and Ewhurst. This will be our sixth Heritage Showcase in the county where you can discover history on your doorstep...
Discover all there is to know about the work Surrey Heritage does, from current projects to outreach activities.
Highlights of the day:
- Displays from the County’s archive – showcasing documents, photographs, illustrations and more relating to the local area held at Surrey History Centre.
- Cranleigh Arts Centre, in collaboration with local schools, have produced a display to celebrate Cranleigh village through three themes: the village, its people and history.
- Family history advice and help with dating old photos.
- Find out more about our Heritage Lottery Funded World War One project ‘Surrey in the Great War: A County Remembers', and how to get involved.
- Surrey Heritage experts in conservation and archives will be offering free practical, professional advice on how to store and preserve your items. Books, letters, documents, maps, photographs are all welcome!
- Learn about Surrey’s 43 museums and galleries.
- Free children’s activities including mini archaeology digs, historic dress up and arts and crafts fun.
- ‘Build the Perfect Village’ and get creative by making painted houses/shops/buildings to create an ‘ideal’ village model, somewhere where you may like to live in the future. The only limits would be the extent of your imagination. This will provide a lasting legacy artwork for the centre.
- Partner stands: Cranleigh History Society, Ewhurst History Society, Cranleigh Village Hospital Trust, British Legion, St Nicolas Church, Cranleigh & District U3A, East Surrey Family History Society, West Surrey Family History Society, Surrey Archaeological Society, Surrey Gardens Trust, The Brooking National Collection.
Find out more