Councillor Adam Taylor-Smith
Ward: Witley and Hambledon
Contact DetailsRobin Hill
Tel: 01428 681783
Adam Taylor-Smith is married to Sarah, a local GP and so far has two young daughters and two sons. His children go to school in Witley. Adam is a solicitor and is a partner at the Guildford office of an international law firm.
Adam was first elected to Waverley Borough Council in 2003 and has been very active since. Adam was appointed in May 2007 as a Member of the Executive Group that runs Waverley and is the Portfolio Holder for Major Projects and Economic Development.
Adam is interested in planning policy in Waverley and sits on the Central Area Planning and Joint Planning Committees that make planning decisions. He appreciates the balance involved in permitting sustainable development whilst retaining the unique character of the towns and the countryside.
- Combat climate change - implement Council policies with a view to minimise the impact in relation to climate change
- Recycling - improve waste collection and recycling so that it is better understood and easier to use
- Roads - campaign for safer well maintained roads
- Housing - work for the provision of affordable housing so that people are able to stay living within our communities and to ensure that Waverley remains vibrant and diverse
- Business - support Waverley businesses and in particular the shops and other businesses in Witley & Hambledon.
- Taxes - support value for taxpayers' money
- Development - support sustainable development whilst retaining the unique qualities of Witley & Hambledon
- Listen - to listen to residents and never to forget that they elected me
- Serve all the residents in Witley and Hambledon and in Waverley.
Cllr Adam Taylor-Smith - Register of Interests